- Euston Train Station
- King’s Cross Train Station
- Waterloo Train Station
- Liverpool Street Train Station
- St Pancras Train Station
- Paddington Train Station
- Victoria Train Station
- Sheffield Train Station
- Oxford Train Station
- York Train Station
- Nottingham Train Station
- London Charing Train Station
- Manchester Piccadilly Train Station
- 14. Edinburgh Waverley Train Station
- 15. Newcastle Central Train Station
- 16. Glasgow Central Train Station
- 17. Birmingham New Street Train Station
The United Kingdom has some of the most advanced train stations in the world.
London underground can be mentioned as one of them.
It’s safe to say that all stations in the United Kingdom are well-equipped with amenities, facilities, and even healthcare provisions.
But if you are planning to visit the UK, then you need to find out information about each station available on a particular route.
By taking help from this detailed train station guide, you would get an idea about what services are provided by the railway authority in your desired location.
1. Euston Train Station
Euston station is one of the busiest stations in London and serves as a major hub for all trains travelling to and from the north, Scotland and the Midlands.
The station has 21 platforms and an extensive range of services available to passengers.
Euston station is the largest of London’s mainline stations and one of the busiest in the UK.
It serves about 200,000 people every day and more than 80 million passengers use it annually.
In addition to being a major transport hub, it also boasts a range of shops, bars and restaurants.
What are Euston Train Station’s available services and amenities?
- ATMs – There are several ATMs located throughout the station concourse.
- Baby changing facilities – Baby changing facilities are available in both ladies’ and gents’ toilets on all platforms.
- Baggage trolley hire – Trolleys can be hired from outside the main entrance on Euston Road (see map below). Trolleys cost £1 per day or £3 per week. They must be returned by 10pm each night or an additional fee will be charged.
- Bicycle storage – Secure bicycle storage is provided at Euston Station Car Park (first-come-first-served basis). This can be accessed through the entrance on Hampstead Road (see map below).
- The station’s main lines include the West Coast Mainline and Great Northern commuter line from Kings Cross to Stevenage, Hertford North and Welwyn Garden City.
It also connects with suburban rail services to Watford Junction and Milton Keynes Central via a direct link between platforms 11-12 at Euston’s underground concourse level.
While another set of escalators takes you down to platforms 10-15 on Thameslink’s high-level platforms through an underpass beneath Euston Road itself (or you can use lifts).
Where is Euston Station?
Euston station address: Euston Rd, NW1 2DU, London.
Euston station phone number: 345 7114 141
Is Euston station open 24 hours?
No, the Euston station is open from Monday to Sunday from 07:00 to 23:00.
2. King’s Cross Train Station
King’s Cross is one of the busiest train stations in London, thanks to its proximity to the city’s main attractions.
There are several shops and restaurants at King’s Cross railway station, along with a few places to stay if you want to make a night of it in London.
What are king’s Cross Train Station’s available services and niceties?
- There are two different ticket offices at King’s Cross station: One is located inside the main hall and sells tickets for trains leaving from Platforms 1-9.
While another is located outside on the concourse and sells tickets for trains leaving from Platforms 10-18.
If you need to purchase tickets for Eurostar trains, they’re sold at a separate desk in the main hall near Platforms 14-18.
- Ticket machines are located throughout King’s Cross station as well as outside by each entrance.
They accept cash and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard and American Express), but not cheques or foreign currency.
- The station also has lockers and left luggage facilities.
- As well as baby changing rooms in both ladies’ and gentlemen’s toilets.
- There are no showers available at this station currently but there are plans in place for this service in the future however there is no set date for this particular project yet.
- The station has many shops, and a large WHSmith store (which also sells magazines).
- Food outlets such as Pret A Manger, Costa Coffee and KFC.
- Travel agents.
- There are also several waiting rooms available for those who wish to wait for their train (at no charge).
- The main concourse contains a large mural by artist David Kindersley showing the history of transport from 1852 onwards.
King’s Cross station is located at the northern edge of London and serves as a major hub for trains in the United Kingdom.
With its many platforms and interconnecting lines, it is also used by international travellers to access other areas of Europe (including Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels and Berlin).
King’s Cross serves an estimated 200 million passengers each year with more than 1,500 daily departures from its eleven terminus stations.
In addition to this extensive network of rail travel routes within Great Britain and Ireland.
King’s Cross is served by Eurostar express trains that traverse the English Channel between London St Pancras International Station (also known as “Eurostar”).
And various destinations in France and Belgium such as Paris Gare du Nord or Brussels Midi-Zuid stations.
Where is Kings Cross station?
Kings Cross Address: Euston Rd, London, N19AL, London.
Kings Cross station phone number: 03457 48 49 50
Is Kings Cross station open 24 hours?
No, the Kings Cross station is open from Monday to Friday from 05:00 to 01:40. Saturday from 05:00 to 01:11, and Sunday from 05:30 to 01:36.
3. Waterloo Train Station
Waterloo is managed by Network Rail, which is responsible for the station and all trains that call at it.
It is a junction for several routes including services from Reading, Basingstoke, Portsmouth and Southampton.
The station provides a wide range of services to commuters and visitors alike.
There are shops selling everything from newspapers to clothes, as well as places to eat and drink including cafes, bars and restaurants.
What are Waterloo Train Station’s available services and amenities?
- Buses – National Express coaches depart from coach stand number 1 outside Waterloo East (platforms 11-16)
- Thameslink services (including Gatwick Airport) arrive at platform 19 at Waterloo East;
They depart from platform 20 at London Bridge (see www.thameslinkrailway.co.uk/stations/waterloo-east/).
South Western Railway services arrive at platform 9 at Waterloo East and depart from platforms 10-12
- Long-distance trains – There are long-distance trains that depart from Waterloo to places such as Devon, Cornwall, Dorset and Wales.
These trains are operated by Great Western Railway (GWR) or South Western Railway (SWR).
Passengers can also board express trains that run between London Paddington Station and Bristol Temple Meads Station via Reading Station.
Or even go all the way up north to Scotland via Newcastle Central Station.
- Local trains – Commuters who live in southwest London may board local commuter trains that run along SWR’s network which extends across parts of Surrey, Hampshire and Berkshire as well as into West Sussex
- National Rail – Tickets for trains, buses and coaches on the National Rail network can be bought from the ticket office at Waterloo train station or from a self-service machine.
There are also information points within the station where you can find details about timetables and fares.
- Eurostar – Eurostar operates direct services between London Waterloo and Paris Gare du Nord every day of the week except for Saturday mornings when there are no trains.
You can also travel directly to Brussels Midi or Lille Europe when travelling with Eurostar.
Waterloo station is the busiest train station in Europe, with about 1,300 trains departing from it each day.
It’s located in London, England and is one of the main stations on the south side of the River Thames.
Waterloo Station is a terminus for several South Western Railway services as well as being served by Chiltern Railways and First Great Western (a subsidiary company of FirstGroup).
The station also serves as a terminus for Southeastern high-speed services to Ashford International via Basingstoke.
High Speed 1 (HS1) services to St Pancras International and Eurostar trains to Paris Gare du Nord via Ashford International and Lille-Europe/Brussels Midi/Amsterdam Centraal through Ebbsfleet International.
Where is Waterloo train station?
Waterloo Address: Waterloo Rd, London, SE1 8SW, London.
Waterloo station phone number: 03457 11 41 41
Is Waterloo station open 24 hours?
No, the Waterloo station is open from Monday to Friday from 04:30 to 01:05. Saturday from 04:30 to 01:50, and Sunday from 05:30 to 01:05.
4. Liverpool Street Train Station
Liverpool Street is a London Underground and National Rail station in the City of London, located to the northeast of the main financial district.
The station is connected to the National Rail network at Liverpool Street Underground station by underground passageways beneath William IV Street, which serves as an interchange between underground and overground services.
It is one of two mainline termini in London for trains on High Speed 1 (HS1).
Most international high-speed trains using HS1 terminate at St Pancras International instead.
Liverpool Street has several entrances but its main entrance is via Bishopsgate from where you can reach all platforms directly or via escalators to platform level.
Liverpool Street station is a busy transport hub in London and is one of the biggest stations in the UK.
It is located in the heart of the City of London financial district and is one of the busiest stations in London.
The station has around 130 million passengers each year, making it the seventh busiest transport hub in Europe.
The station has been expanded to accommodate these high numbers and it now has 18 platforms and more than 100 entrances to allow passengers easy access to the trains.
What are Liverpool Train Station’s available services and amenities?
- A staffed ticket office where you can buy tickets for trains from any part of Britain or even Europe.
- Accessible toilets for wheelchair users (there are three).
- Baggage storage facilities where you can leave your luggage while you travel.
- A café for refreshments or snacks before catching your train.
Travelators connect the two levels of the main concourse at Liverpool Street.
So that passengers can easily reach all areas of the station without having to climb stairs or escalators.
The travelators are free for passengers to use but there are lift access points if you prefer not to use them.
- There are no cash machines at Liverpool Street station but there are three banks within walking distance – HSBC, Barclays and Lloyds Bank – all close by on Bishopsgate (approximately 5 minutes away).
There are also cash machines located at Moorgate station (approximately 10 minutes away).
- TfL Rail operates from Liverpool Street to Shenfield via Stratford International where it connects with TfL Rail’s Stansted Airport service at Abbey Wood before continuing on to Shenfield in Essex.
Where is Liverpool Street train station?
Liverpool Train station address: Liverpool St, London, EC2M 7PP, London.
Liverpool station phone number: 03457 48 49 50
Is Liverpool street station open 24 hours?
No, the Liverpool train station opens at different hours during the week.
Monday from 03:10 to 01:03
Tuesday – Thursday: 04:00 – 01:03
Friday – Saturday: 03:10 – 01:03
Sunday: 03:40 – 01:03
5. St Pancras Train Station
St Pancras International is one of London’s busiest stations and is one of the main departure points for Eurostar services.
It also serves as a terminus for domestic trains to Kent, Essex, East Anglia and the Midlands.
The station is connected to King’s Cross and St Pancras International by an underground passageway, which is open from 5:30am until 12 midnight.
St Pancras International serves as a terminus for Midland Main Line trains travelling between London’s St Pancras Station and destinations in South Yorkshire and East Midlands.
The station also provides direct services to Northampton, Bedford, Kettering and Corby.
What are St Pancras Train Station’s available services and conveniences?
- Retail shops including a book shop, newsagents, hair salons and fast food outlets;
- Coffee shops;
- A waiting room;
- Public toilets;
- Toilets for disabled people;
- A lost property office;
- The station provides a range of services for travellers, including a staffed ticket office, porter service and lost property office.
- There are also two cafes and a restaurant near the entrance hall.
St Pancras is a London railway station and transport hub, located in Midland Road, London Borough of Camden.
It was opened in 1868 by the Midland Railway as the southern terminus of its main line from Leicester, which was later extended to Nottingham and Sheffield.
When it opened, the arched Barlow train shed was the largest single-span roof in the world.
The restored station has 15 platforms, a shopping centre and a coaching facility.
Services are provided by Thameslink and Southeastern, with Southern trains serving the underground platforms at St Pancras International. St Pancras is owned by Network Rail and is managed by Network Rail Infrastructure Limited (NIRL), a subsidiary of Network Rail.
It’s the terminus for Eurostar services to Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam, and also domestic services to Kent, East Midlands and East Anglia.
There are three main entrances to the station: Midland Road, St Pancras Way and Pancras Road.
The station has a range of shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. There’s also a taxi rank and a coach station nearby.
Platforms 1-4 serve international trains to Belgium, France and the Netherlands, while Platforms 5-11 are used for domestic services to Kent, East Midlands and East Anglia.
There are lifts between all platforms except Platforms 12-15 which have step-free access via stairs only (there is no escalator access).
There are ticket barriers at all entrances which open at 05:45 on weekdays (06:00 on Saturdays) except for Platforms 12-15 where they open at 06:00 on weekdays (06:30 on Saturdays).
Where is St Pancras Street train station?
St Pancras Train station address: Euston Rd, London , London, N1C 4QP, London.
St Pancras station phone number: 0345 322 7021
Is St Pancras station open 24 hours?
No, the St Pancras station is open from Monday to Saturday from 05:30 to 23:00. Sunday from 07:00 to 23:00.
6. Paddington Train Station
The main entrance to Paddington train station is located on Praed Street, where there are four ticket gates, two self-service ticket machines and two manned counters.
There are also several automatic ticket vending machines located around the station concourse.
here are two other entrances that can be used by passengers travelling from other parts of London.
The first one is located at Eastbourne Terrace and has escalators leading directly to platforms 8-10.
The second entrance can be used by passengers coming from Oxford Street or Marylebone station.
This entrance has escalators leading directly to platform 11.
What are Paddington Train Station’s available services and amenities?
- There are a variety of shops and cafes at Paddington train station, including WHSmiths and Marks & Spencer Simply Food stores and Costa Coffee outlets on both sides of the main concourse area.
- Banks & ATMs
- Cafes & Restaurants
- Newsagents & Shops
- Public Toilets
Paddington Station is one of the busiest train stations in London, serving passengers on the London Underground, Heathrow Express and Great Western Railway.
It is also a major bus hub and serves as an interchange for the underground platforms.
Paddington Station is located in London, near the Marylebone area.
It has connections to the London Underground, Heathrow Airport and the M25 motorway.
The station was built in 1838 as part of a major expansion of railways by Isambard Kingdom Brunel and it’s now one of the UK’s busiest stations with more than 200 trains per day passing through Paddington on their way from either Reading or Oxford to London Waterloo.
If you’re travelling from Paddington Station, there are multiple options for getting around:
- The Circle line – this circular underground line runs around central London and connects Paddington with many other important locations such as Charing Cross or Oxford Circus (where you can switch between different lines).
If you’re going further east than these two stops then this might not be your best option since there aren’t any direct connections between them; however, if your journey is short then it should be fine.
- The Hammersmith & City Line – this line runs east-west across central London via Hammersmith before splitting into two branches going north towards Edgware Road and south towards Aldgate East/Liverpool Street respectively.
This is another good option if your destination isn’t too far away since there are direct links between all three lines mentioned above (the Circle Line being one example).
Where is Paddington train station?
Paddington Train station address: Greater, Praed St, London W2 1HQ, London.
Paddington station phone number: 03457 11 41 41
Is Paddington station open 24 hours?
Yes, the Paddington train station is open 24 hours.
7. Victoria Train Station
Victoria station is one of the busiest railway stations in London, serving as the terminus for trains running on the Victoria Line and the Chiltern Main Line.
The station is located in Victoria, Central London, England, near Buckingham Palace.
The station is served by both National Rail and London Underground services.
Victoria Station has a total of 4 platforms and 12 tracks.
The longest platform at Victoria Station is Platform 1 which can accommodate up to 11-carriage trains.
There are also two bi-directional through lines at the platform level (1a and 2a).
Victoria Station is located in Victoria, central London.
The station is located on a viaduct between Buckingham Palace Gardens and Bressenden Place, about 100 metres south of Buckingham Palace Road, with entrances on both sides of the street at ground level.
There are also entrances on Bressenden Place and at the northern end of Victoria Street (the A3220) into Terminus Place (the A3205).
The station has 21 platforms with a total length of 1,500 metres (4,900 ft).
It is linked to Waterloo East station and Charing Cross by an underground passageway to provide an interchange between the two stations without needing to leave the building.
Victoria has nine entrances: five lead into Terminus Place; two are in Buckingham Palace Gardens; one connects with Victoria Street and one leads directly onto Buckingham Palace Road.
All platforms except for 1 & 2 can be reached via lifts or escalators from these entrances or from street level through
What are Victoria Train Station’s available services and amenities?
- Luggage storage: Available at all hours for a fee of £4 per item per 24 hours (minimum charge of £4).
- Food and drink: There are several options for buying food at Victoria station including Marks & Spencer Simply Food (open Monday to Saturday 7am-9pm), WHSmiths (open Monday to Sunday 8am-10pm) and Greggs (open Monday to Sunday 5am-11pm).
- There are also vending machines selling hot and cold drinks as well as snacks such as sandwiches and crisps.
- Where is Victoria train station?
- Victoria Train station address: Victoria St, London, SW1E 5ND
- Victoria station phone number: 0343 222 1234
- Is Victoria station open 24 hours?
- Yes, the Victoria train station is open 24 hours.
Where is Victoria train station?
Victoria Train station address: Victoria St, London, SW1E 5ND
Victoria station phone number: 0343 222 1234
Is Victoria station open 24 hours?
Yes, the Victoria train station is open 24 hours.
8. Sheffield Train Station
Sheffield train station is one of the largest stations in the UK, with both regional and national services operating out of it.
It is located between Church Street and Surrey Street in Sheffield city centre, close to Sheffield station (a major hub for local transport).
The station has four platforms, two of which are through platforms that can be used by trains from either direction.
The other two platforms are bay platforms which are used by terminating trains.
The station has a range of facilities for passengers including shops, toilets and baby changing facilities.
There is also a dedicated taxi rank outside the main entrance on Church Street as well as a drop-off/pick-up point for private hire vehicles.
There are also several bus stops around the station including one at each end of platform 4 that allow buses to stop directly outside without having to use the bus gate at Church Gate or Surrey Gate.
What are Sheffield Train Station’s available services and amenities?
- Free wi-fi access
- Ticket machines that accept cash or credit cards
- Cafes and shops where you can buy snacks or drinks while waiting for your train
- A range of shops selling newspapers, magazines, snacks and refreshments.
- Ticket offices where you can buy tickets for trains, buses and trams.
- Left luggage lockers where you can store your luggage while you travel.
- An information desk staffed by members of staff who can help you plan your journey, book tickets or check the status of trains and buses.
Where is Sheffield train station?
Sheffield Train station address: Sheaf St, Sheffield City Centre, S1 2BP, Sheffield.
Sheffield station phone number: 3457 125 678
Is Sheffield station open 24 hours?
No, the Sheffield train station is open from Monday to Saturday from 05:00 to 22:50. Sunday from 07:45 to 23:00.
9. Oxford Train Station
Oxford train station is an important hub for local and national train services, including Virgin Trains.
As a result, the station is well served by public transport links.
It is located in the centre of Oxford city centre, with easy access from all parts of the city by bus, taxi or on foot.
What are Oxford Train Station’s available services and amenities?
- Car parking spaces – There are 300 car parking spaces behind the main station building and more than 1,000 on-street parking spaces nearby.
There is also a park & ride service from Didcot Parkway Station. There are several car parks in Oxford city centre.
They’re all within walking distance of the station and some offer discount rates for passengers with tickets for onward travel via rail.
Parking at the station is free for up to two hours in designated areas.
- Disabled parking – There are several disabled parking bays near each platform at Oxford Station.
- Accessible toilets are also available within the station area.
- Baby changing facilities – Baby changing facilities are available near most of the entrances at Oxford Station.
Toilets have been adapted so that they can be used by people with disabilities or limited mobility.
- Taxis – Taxis can be found at taxi ranks within the station concourse or outside New Road.
- Buses – Bus stops are located outside New Road, just across from the main entrance to Oxford Station.
There are frequent bus routes between major towns and cities in the UK and beyond, including London Victoria Coach Station (National Express) and Heathrow Airport (National Express).
- Luggage storage (for a fee)
- Lost property office
- Bicycle parking (in season)
- Customer information points – inside the ticket office and on platforms 1-4
Where is Oxford train station?
Oxford Train station address: Park End St, Oxford, OX1 1HS
Oxford station phone number: 0345 165 2030
Is Oxford station open 24 hours?
No, the Oxford train station is open from Monday to Friday from 05:45 to 20:00.
10. York Train Station
York Train Station is one of the busiest train stations in the UK.
It is located on Station Road in York and offers a variety of services and amenities for both passengers and visitors.
York is served by several trains per hour on weekdays and Saturdays, with reduced service on Sundays.
The station has a ticket office and automatic ticket machines available to buy tickets before boarding or after disembarking from trains.
The platform can be accessed by stairs or lift from the main concourse at ground level.
There are also escalators at the platform level to each platform.
What are York Train Station’s available services and amenities?
- Bicycle racks
- Baby changing facilities
- Escalators and lifts connecting platforms 1-8
- Car Parking: There is plenty of car parking available at York Train Station, which is free for short-term parking.
- Buses: Buses run from the train station to York City Centre, which takes about 20 minutes to reach.
The bus stop at the station is directly outside the main entrance on Station Street.
- Taxi Services: A taxi rank operates outside the station from 06:30 – 18:00 Monday – Saturday and 09:00 – 18:00 on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Passengers can also call a taxi using the local phone number 01904 484848 or 01904 484849.
Where is York train station?
York Train station address: Station Rd, York, YO24 1AB
York station phone number: 3457 225 225
Is York station open 24 hours?
No, the York train station is open from Monday to Friday from 05:30 to 21:00. Saturday from 05:45 to 21:00, and Sunday from 07:30 to 21:30.
11. Nottingham Train Station
Nottingham train station is a commuter station located in Nottingham, United Kingdom.
It is a major transport hub for the city, serving as a terminus for both local and long-distance services.
It is on the Midland Main Line and East Midlands Trains services to London St Pancras International and local trains to Lincoln, Leicester and Derby.
The station has four main platforms and is served by trains operated by East Midlands Trains, London Northwestern Railway, Northern Rail and TransPennine Express.
It was also formerly served by CrossCountry services until they were withdrawn in 2008.
Nottingham Train Station is situated on the Midland Mainline between London, Birmingham and Derby.
The station offers a wide range of shops, cafes, restaurants and bars.
What are Nottingham Train Station’s available services and amenities?
- Shops: There are several shops at Nottingham Train Station for passengers to purchase souvenirs, food and drinks.
- There are also several cash points (ATMs) in the station concourse, which accept Visa and MasterCard credit cards as well as Maestro debit cards.
- Cafes & Restaurants: The station concourse has a selection of cafes and restaurants serving hot food and drink throughout the day.
These include Costa Coffee, Greggs, KFC and Burger King.
There is also a bar called Platform One Bar where you can relax with friends or colleagues after your journey.
- Bars & Nightclubs: Platform One Bar is located inside the main concourse area of Nottingham Station.
There are also two nightclubs named The Matrix Club and Sanctuary which are located next to each other behind Platform One Bar
- A taxi rank;
- A car park with spaces for over 1,000 vehicles;
- A waiting room;
- Two platforms are covered by an overall canopy;
Where is Nottingham train station?
Nottingham Train station address: Carrington St, Nottingham, NG2 3AQ
Nottingham station phone number: 345 7125 678
Is Nottingham station open 24 hours?
No, the Nottingham train station is open from Monday to Friday from 06:00 to 20:00. Saturday from 06:00 to 20:00, and Sunday from 07:15 to 20:00.
12. London Charing Train Station
London Charing train station is a busy station in London, England.
The station is operated by Southeastern Trains and provides services to the city of London and many other destinations.
It is located in South East London and it has good connections with the rest of London via the Docklands Light Railway (DLR).
The Charing Cross railway station has several platforms that provide easy access to all parts of the United Kingdom including Gatwick Airport, Brighton and Ashford International.
The trains depart from platforms 0 through 11.
There are two ticket offices at the station where you can purchase tickets for different services from Ireland to Scotland.
The station also has an automatic ticket machine where you can buy tickets for different destinations within the UK.
There are also several shops inside the station where passengers can buy snacks, drinks or any emergency items like batteries etcetera.
What are London Charing Train Station’s available services and amenities?
- Public Wi-Fi
- Ticket machines
- Customer service points
- Information desk
- Ticket office
- Lost property office
- Travel centre
- Disabled access facilities
Where is London Charing train station?
London Charing Train station address: Strand, London, WC2N 5HF
London Charing station phone number: 03457 48 49 50
Is London Charing station open 24 hours?
No, the London Charing train station is open from Monday to Friday from 07:00 to 23:00.
13. Manchester Piccadilly Train Station
The busiest train station in the United Kingdom, Manchester Piccadilly is located in the city centre.
Located on Store Street, it’s near some of Manchester’s most famous attractions, including the Royal Exchange Theatre and The Lowry.
Manchester Piccadilly is the largest transport hub in the North West of England.
It is a major interchange station for rail, tram and bus services.
It serves as a transport hub for travel within the North West of England, with frequent services to destinations such as London, Birmingham, Liverpool and Newcastle.
What are Manchester Piccadilly Train Station’s available services and conveniences?
- The main entrance to the station is at platform level – there is no street-level entrance.
- The south entrance has an automatic ticket barrier which accepts payment by cash or credit card.
- Free wifi internet access is available throughout Manchester Piccadilly Station.
- There are also ticket machines on both sides of this entrance.
- There is a staffed information point inside the ticket hall.
- Newsstands, toilets and vending machines selling snacks and drinks.
- There are also payphones available here.
- There is an accessible toilet available on platform 1A only (the north side).
It can be accessed via lifts from both platforms 1A and 2A, or by stairs from platform 1A only or from the public area outside the station.
Where is Manchester Piccadilly train station?
Manchester Piccadilly Train station address: Piccadilly Station Approach, M60 7RA
Manchester Piccadilly station phone number: 8719 774 222
Is Manchester Piccadilly station open 24 hours?
No, the Manchester Piccadilly train station is open from Monday to Saturday from 04:30 to 22:30. Sunday from 07:15 to 22:30.
14. Edinburgh Waverley Train Station
Edinburgh Waverley station is the largest train station in Scotland, and one of the busiest in the United Kingdom.
It is served by both national and international trains and is also an important hub for local transport.
In the city of Edinburgh, there are several train stations.
The main one is Edinburgh Waverley Station. It is the largest train station in Scotland and one of the busiest in the UK.
This station is located on Princes Street, at the heart of the city centre.
It provides services for passengers arriving from all over Scotland, as well as those travelling to England and Wales.
What are Edinburgh Waverley Train Station’s available services and conveniences?
- A large car park with more than 300 spaces.
- Waiting room with shops and restaurants.
- A taxi rank.
- A bus stop for buses going to and from Glasgow Airport.
- A taxi rank.
- An information desk where you can find out about train timetables, delays or any other problems related to your journey.
Where is Edinburgh Waverley train station?
Edinburgh Waverley Train station address: Edinburgh Waverley, EH1 1BE, Edinburgh
Edinburgh Waverley station phone number: 03457 48 49 50.
Is Edinburgh Waverley station open 24 hours?
No, the Edinburgh Waverley train station is open from Monday to Saturday from 05:00 to 21:20. Sunday from 07:00 to 21:20.
15. Newcastle Central Train Station
Newcastle Central is the main train station in Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom.
It has 18 platforms and is served by Northern, TransPennine Express and Virgin Trains East Coast.
It is also served by local bus services from the nearby Eldon Square bus station.
Newcastle Central has two concourses: the main concourse (on Platforms 1-15) and a smaller one on Platforms 5-12.
What are Newcastle Central Train Station’s available services and conveniences?
- The main concourse contains a ticket office.
- Ticket machines.
- Food outlets
- Wi-Fi access points.
- There are customer service counters for National Rail enquiries at both concourses.
These are manned during most hours but closed overnight (midnight until 5am).
Platforms 9/10 have been converted into a new entrance building with lifts to all platforms via this entrance building which means that passengers no longer need to use steps or escalators to reach platforms 9/10 from street level.
There is still an alternative entrance onto platform 8 via steps or escalators at its northern end but this is only used by passengers travelling southwards towards London King’s Cross.
Where is Newcastle Central train station?
Newcastle Central Train station address: Neville St, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5DL, Newcastle
Newcastle Central station phone number: 0345 722 5333
Is Newcastle Central station open 24 hours?
No, the Newcastle Central train station is open from Monday to Saturday from 05:00 to 21:20. Sunday from 07:30 to 21:20.
16. Glasgow Central Train Station
Glasgow Central Train Station is one of the busiest train stations in the UK, serving over 20 million passengers per year.
Located right in the heart of Glasgow city centre, Glasgow Central Station offers a range of services and amenities to make your journey easier.
The main entrance to Glasgow Central train station is at street level on Gordon Street (NS396626).
This entrance is located in the city centre and is close to Buchanan Street Underground Station and Queen Street Bus Station.
When you enter the main waiting area at Glasgow Central train station, you will see a ticket office on your right-hand side.
There are also some shops and cafes located near this entrance including WHSmith and Costa Coffee.
You can also find an ATM machine here if you need cash while travelling through Glasgow Central train station.
The station is often used by people visiting Glasgow for shopping or business purposes and it’s also a hub for many rail services in Scotland.
What are Glasgow Central Train Station’s available services and conveniences?
- Bus links: National Express and Megabus operate regular services from Glasgow Central to Edinburgh and London.
The Megabus service also offers direct connections to other major cities in the UK, including Manchester and Birmingham.
- Taxi ranks: Taxis can be found outside the main entrance on Gordon Street.
There are also taxi ranks available at Queen Street station (a short walk away).
- Car parking: Pay-and-display public car parks are situated around the station, including behind George Square (near Buchanan Street) and in nearby streets such as Hope Street or Ingram Street.
There is also a long-stay car park at Queens Wharf on Clyde Street that can be used by train passengers travelling out of Glasgow Central station by foot or by taxi.
- Free WiFi throughout the station.
- A left luggage facility
- A range of shops including WH Smith, Boots and Greggs (there are also several food outlets including Costa Coffee)
Where is Glasgow Central l train station?
Glasgow Central Train station address: Gordon St, Glasgow, G1 3SL
Glasgow Central station phone number: 845 748 4950
Is Glasgow Central station open 24 hours?
No, the Glasgow Central train station is open from Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:00. Saturday and Sunday from 09:00 to 00:00.
17. Birmingham New Street Train Station
Birmingham New Street train station is the main station in Birmingham, England.
It is one of the busiest railway stations in the UK and a major transport hub for the West Midlands region.
You can find these on both platforms 1-5 (platform 5 is only open during peak times).
You will also find help points at this station which are free to use and give real-time travel information.
This is great if you need any further information while waiting around at your chosen platform before boarding your train home after a long day out exploring Birmingham City Centre!
Birmingham New Street train station is located right next to Moor Street bus station which allows easy transfer between bus and rail services.
So you can get around the city quickly without having to take multiple buses or pay expensive taxi fares!
The station is located in the city centre and has many services and amenities available to the passengers.
What are Birmingham New Street Train Station’s available services and conveniences?
- The station has a shopping centre called Grand Central which includes shops such as Boots, WHSmiths and Costa Coffee.
- There are also restaurants such as Wagamama and Nando’s so if you have time between trains you can have a meal or drink here.
- There are also toilets available for use in the station with baby changing facilities available too.
- Travel Information Desk – You can get information about your train from this desk, where staff members can assist you with any enquiries or queries.
- Information Points – There are four information points at Birmingham New Street station that offer help to passengers with tickets, maps and other information about services offered by National Rail.
- Help Points – There are more than 30 help points at Birmingham New Street station where passengers can ask for help if they need any assistance while using any facility at the station.
- Ticket sales – Ticket machines that allow passengers to purchase tickets 24 hours a day
- Coffee shops and restaurants
- A shopping centre called Grand Central which includes shops such as Boots, WHSmiths and Costa Coffee.
There are also restaurants such as Wagamama and Nando’s so if you have time between trains you can have a meal or drink here.
Where is Birmingham New Street train station?
Birmingham New Street Train station address: Station St, Birmingham, B2 4QA
Birmingham New Street station phone number: 345 711 4141
Is Birmingham New Street station open 24 hours?
No, the Birmingham New Street train station is open from Monday to Saturday from 05:15 to 21:00. Sunday from 08:00 to 21:00.
NTrip covered these 17 main train stations in the United Kingdom
The United Kingdom is made up of England, Scotland and Wales, which are also home to many of the country’s largest cities.
London is the capital city, but Manchester and Birmingham are also major population centres.
Liverpool, Glasgow and Edinburgh are all major cities in their own right as well as being popular tourist destinations for visitors from around the world.
It’s important to remember that when travelling on a train within the United Kingdom you’ll need to make sure that your ticket includes travel between two or more stations inside one of these regions (unless you’re using an Oyster Card).
In conclusion, there are five main train stations in the United Kingdom. These include Euston Station King’s Cross station Waterloo Station Liverpool Street Station and Paddington Station.